carysosm

GreedyGammon Chat

It would be convenient while playing a game to be able to chat with an opponent privately. Is there a "private" chat screen or option within GreedyGammon, or are chat exchanges open to anyone logged into the software?

Thanks.

carysosm

Re: GreedyGammon Chat

Actually I do see the "table" and "lobby" rooms, but I guess my question is how to access "table" for private chat?

Musil

To me its clear that with the private chat using table you only are able to chat (when you are playing) with your opponent as there is no option to select an user for chatting in private

admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

carysosm wrote:Actually I do see the "table" and "lobby" rooms, but I guess my question is how to access "table" for private chat?
the table chat is enabled when playing your opponent. But that is also viewable by anyone watching your match. There is no private chat at the moment. But with all the chat apps out there google chat, msn chat whatsapp and who knows what else is out there. I cant keep up with all the new stuff, u could easily chat privately with your friend (on or off greedygammon) with a much more feature rich chat program than the simple greedygammon chat
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

Return to “Questions Comments”