hyden

Greedy Gammon Version 3.0.53 - Display Issue

Hi there. I am newly registered here. I downloaded the 3.0.53 client and when I launch the client, part of the game board is off screen. I am assuming it is a resolution difference compared with the 1920 x 1080 my laptop runs at. I do not see video options in the client. Is my only option to reduce the resolution of the laptop when I would like to play?

I just wanted to confirm that I wasn't missing something.

Thanks!

hyden

Re: Greedy Gammon Version 3.0.53 - Display Issue

I reduced resolution to 1360 x 768 and that resolved the display issue. After an evening of many games, I am holding at 73% against the AI. I look forward to playing against humans.

admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

Re: Greedy Gammon Version 3.0.53 - Display Issue

Hi Hyden

Welcome to GreedyGammon :D

Someone else had recently reported an issue with display.
That was resolved by changing a setting to lower the scaling factor
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=298

======================================
This issue was resolved by adjusting the app size scaling factor from screen preferences as per this Microsoft forum post

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 6a0757627c

After updating from windows 8 to windows 8.1 my screen resolution fell from 1920 x 1080 to 1536 x 864.
All my graphic card drivers are up to date. When I go into screen resolution the screen resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 whereas in reality it is 1536 x 864 as shown by Nvidia Geforce experience.
What should I do?
thanks

The simple solution is to go back to the screen resolution display change from right clicking on your desktop and select "Make Text and Other items smaller or larger" and set the scale from 125% to 100% and voila! Your GeForce Experience should now be set to 1080p
===========================================

If this does not resolve your issue please respond with your normal screen resolution.
Changing the screen resolution away from the recommended size can result in a screen image degradation so we try to stay away from having to do that.

Regarding your high win rate, if you are an advanced player, you can change the dice options to "random dice" from the preferences window.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=264

GreedyGammon allows players to connect to each other.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=290

maareyes (greedygammon support)
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

Return to “Questions Comments”