evoldog

How Do I play Another Person?

Subject says it all.

I've been all over the site, too many times, and the closest I've found to determine how to play someone else, was the explanation of the groups we can be in and/or are in by default, which seemed to be where you would maybe find other players you were allowed to play.

I clicked on that and found two groups; I clicked on each of them only to be told to f*ck off, that I was not allowed to do anything, there.

Maybe I'm an idiot and missed it (wouldn't be the FIRST time!), but nowhere in any of the "welcome, here's all you need to know" shit, have I found ANYTHING that tells me how to get a game with someone else.

When I pull up the game board, all I see is playing the computer.

Thanks in advance for a little help, please.

admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

Re:How Do I play Another Person?

Sorry you couldn't find the instructions.
I understand it can be confusing with so many subjects covered in the forum.

In the "Questions Comments" section at the top of that page is a topic "GreedyGammon 3.x connection (howto)"

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=290

It explains how to invite your friends to play with you after you have completed some setup (port forwarding) on your computer to allow others to connect to you. Or you can "connect as client" if someone invites you to play. No setup required for client. Only the connection string sent to you by the other player.

Current version 3.0.53 the "resume after disconnect" feature is not finished but you should be able to play/chat with someone if both have a good connection.

Hope that helps.

maareyes
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

Re: How Do I play Another Person?

The FAQ you may have clicked on from the top of the forum page is actually a section put there by the developers of the forum (phpbb) on how to use the forum. It has nothing to do with GreedyGammon. It is probably not the best place to put that link. I wouldn't have put it there. Somewhere at the bottom o the page would have been better. But I didn't develop this forum interface. It is an open source project (phpbb.com) There is a FAQ for GreedyGammon.
It is under the "questions and comments" section
viewforum.php?f=25

Actually, I will try to figure out how to link that FAQ to the GreedyGammon FAQ.

maareyes
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON

admin
Site Admin

Re: How Do I play Another Person?

FAQ link now point to the GreedyGammon FAQ
Thanks for drawing attention to this issue.

maareyes
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON

Return to “Questions Comments”