marcurling
Years playing backgammon: more than 20

IP not updated in Preferences/Connections

Hello, my ISP changed my IP and GreedyGammon 3.0.152 did not updated it in the [More Options]/Preferences/Connections settings.
By the way, my ISP doesn't allow port forwarding under 16385 and GG uses 3333 by default :
Is there any config file I can edit to change these settings ?

Note that that the Preferences/Connections settings windows now always pops up when I launch GG.

I run Win10 Entreprise LTSC [version 10.0.17763.1697] and have admin rights.

Thanks in advance & HNY, Marc.

admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

Re: IP not updated in Preferences/Connections

marcurling wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:43 am
Hello, my ISP changed my IP and GreedyGammon 3.0.152 did not updated it in the [More Options]/Preferences/Connections settings.
By the way, my ISP doesn't allow port forwarding under 16385 and GG uses 3333 by default :
Is there any config file I can edit to change these settings ?

Note that that the Preferences/Connections settings windows now always pops up when I launch GG.

I run Win10 Entreprise LTSC [version 10.0.17763.1697] and have admin rights.

Thanks in advance & HNY, Marc.
Hi Marc,

I am assuming you are setting up your router to server mode. Is it correct?
If so you will want to implement a recent updated connection method explained at
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=343
In case of possible old version trying to read a setting I suggest to do a clean install ie uninstall Greedygammon, delete GreedyGammon folder in Documents and clear out GreedyGammon registry with regedit. Then install 3.0.152

If there is still problem we can look into it further
If you like, u can try to connect me to your server as if I am one of your users and we can figure it out from there

cheers

m solomon
email support@greedygammon.com
tetraHydro, zum_gali on GreedyGammon
support admin
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

Return to “Bug Reports”