othello

Rating

I watched human vs. human match.
Kate's rating was 2000. Image

admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

Re: Rating

othello wrote:I watched human vs. human match.
Kate's rating was 2000. Image

thanks otherllo appreciate the report, the bot ratings seems to have stayed there while switching to watch mode. Will put on todo list. Watch mode is still a bit shaky. The cube is not showing correctly in watch mode and possibly other issues as well. I have neglected it somewhat because it is not as criticall as player bugs. But will certainly get it fixed ASAP
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

othello

I did not play a match with kate.
I watched her match and stop watching.

some minutes later, this happened.

admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

MichaelP7 wrote:This happened to me too many times while watching. Despite what the screen shows however my rating was not affected.

this is at the top of the list for urgent fixes
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON

admin
Site Admin

MichaelP7 wrote:Since this topic is about ratings it seems GG is just using the GNUBG rating formula which differs from the FIBS rating formula on the fact that it doesn’t account for experience.
When you beat a bot at FIBS you may get as many as 50 points and this continues until you get an experience of 400 (400X1 pointers, 80 x5 pointers etc) This helps your rating rise or fall to your true strength fast.

The missing of experience in the formula used at GG explains why new players are so terribly under-rated even after having an experience of as high as 1000.
If you have a lucky streak your rating will shoot up. If when you start out and have a losing streak, your rating shoots down. Would this not balances out. Players who joined just a few weeks ago are already up to 1700+, with exp around 1500 - 2000. Players who play backgammon everyday will find their true rating in a relatively short time i think so.
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON

Return to “Bug Reports”