marcurling
Years playing backgammon: more than 20

UPnP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Plug_and_Play
Hello, I'd love to have UPnP implemented in the Preferences/Connections settings
for GreedyGammon to be abble to get automaticly through my ISP router (it doesn't allow port forwarding under 16385 and GG uses 3333).

Thanks in advance & Happy New Year, Marc

admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

Re: UPnP

marcurling wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:21 am
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Plug_and_Play
Hello, I'd love to have UPnP implemented in the Preferences/Connections settings
for GreedyGammon to be abble to get automaticly through my ISP router (it doesn't allow port forwarding under 16385 and GG uses 3333).

Thanks in advance & Happy New Year, Marc
Hi Marc,

With the connection method outlined in the prev comment you should be able to configure whatever port you wish.
Default should be 33333. If for some reason it is trying to use an old 3333 port clearing out the registry entry may help
A clean install is best as outlined in the prev comment.

GreedyGAmmon code is from old VB6 which is from the 1990s so i don't know if has that UPnP capability
With the setup and connection method, if your ISP changes your IP, all you have to do is change the entry in the "defaultconnection.txt file and upload it to your space where your users will read it when GreedGAmmon starts.

Hope this helps

Ignore all the old configuration instructions and use this one
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=343

cheers,

m solomon
email support@greedygammon.com
tetraHydro, zum_gali on GreedyGammon
support admin developer
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

Return to “Vote for new features”