admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

New Version 1.0.45 (Sat Oct 4-2014)

There is a new version of GreedyGammon uploaded on 10/4/2014 Saturday October 4 2014

If you have issues with the automatic updater, please run the full installer from

https://s3.amazonaws.com/greedyG/greedy ... taller.exe

Some of the new features and bug fixes are...

GreedyG bot resigning a regular game when it gets gammoned :oops: very sorry about this bug for anyone who encoutered it. I relied on the gnubg component to tell me when it was a backgammon position and this was not a wise decision as the AI sometimes gets confused as is evident in the bad play on some backgames. The position should have been calculated for backgammon gammon normal in straight code which is now the case.

Added multi language support. I am relying on native speakers to correct the translations as they are Google Translations which can give some crazy results. In any case it is probably better than nothing for someone who doesnt speak english. To correct the translation, find the "language" folder in program files where GreedyGammon is installed on your computer,and edit the language text file there for a better translation,and send it to support@greedygammon.com

Finally fixed the bad password login error which was giving erroneous "wrong password" message on a good saved password. This bug was due to my inexperience using very clumsy implemtation of the phpbb hash password validation routine which I picked up online and had to somehow incorporate it into Visual Basic, an old and almost obsolete language. Anway I figured out a better way to do it so hopefully we dont have those errors any more.

The GreedyBearoff option has been renamed to Auto Race and is now persistent meaning it will stay on even on a new match or restart, and take over when contact is broken until it is turned off.

A small chat box has been added to the main screen for convenience and better visibility

Bot games will log out and save if there is an extended inactivity so that you don't lose a match if you walk off and forget (happens a lot to some of us oldies :D ).

Thats all I can think of for now. Hope the update didnt break anything else. ;)

Enjoy :D
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

Return to “Announcements”