admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

GreedyGammon will be back

Hey folks, GreedyGammon has gone AWOL for a few weeks but will be back with many improvements.
Attachments
new.jpg
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

Re: GreedyGammon will be back

Here are some of the improvements..

- Auto play off the bar when it is a forced move and more than one checker on the bar. So if you have 2 or more checkers on the bar, you can put on auto roll and it will auto play and enter the checkers until all the checkers are of the bar and you can start playing again.

- When on auto roll and greedy bear off, if the game is already over, there will be a dialog asking if u want to resign. It fixes the sometimes annoying situation where the auto play keeps playing even when the game is over, and it doesnt allow a resignation without unchecking the options which is a hassle.

- Better login window with progress bar and full screen background

- Pick your background right from from the main window (15 forest landscape options) Users can replace images with their own

- As mentioned before, it is now strictly an offline player without player vs player feature, but ratings are still enabled. You can play with privacy, no one knows you are logged in, no one can watch you

- Better username and password management system from the website. More reliable forgot password and register functions.

- Will try to implement a Jf.mat file watch feature if time permit on this version if not next version. This will allow players to watch championship matches that have been saved elsewhere as jf.mat file and play them back using the nice interface of GreedyG.

When will it be ready? It will be ready when it's ready :D
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON

zman97211

Hey Uncle,

I wish you wouldn't remove the player-v-player feature, as my wife and I almost solely play each other on your server :cry: It will be missed!

Steve

admin
Site Admin

zman97211 wrote:Hey Uncle,

I wish you wouldn't remove the player-v-player feature, as my wife and I almost solely play each other on your server :cry: It will be missed!

Steve

Hi Steve,

I would be happy to give you the files to setup your own server on your machine. All it needs is WAMP, a Mysql DB and some connection IP numbers set accordingly. I will compile a customized server and client for you. Let me know if you are interested.

Since 99% players only play the bots, it doesn't make much sense for me to keep the server running, I can't turn off the machine, if I have to reboot, i have to wait for whoever is playing. Bot games don't need the server since they are running from the client.

cheers,

GreedyG admin msolomon
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON

admin
Site Admin

zman97211 wrote:Hey Uncle,

Steve

It may be possible to make a peer to peer player vs player feature that doesn't require a server to be up. I will look into that.
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON

zman97211

greedyG wrote:It may be possible to make a peer to peer player vs player feature that doesn't require a server to be up. I will look into that.
That would be cool. I always felt a little bad about my rep, because I always played my wife and have had a tendency to win :) I don't care about rated games.

I'll check back here once in a while.

Return to “Announcements”