admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

New GreedyGammon update 3.0.78 (June 5-2019)

Hey guys,

Update 3.0.78 has a fix for an issue that resulted in a crash when a new player vs player game was started in the middle of a match. (June 5 2019)

Thanks to user tehran1397 for playing a few matches on the tetraHydro server so I could discover this flaw.

Bot games work fine. Player vs player games I can't test myself so need users to play and report any errors

========================================================================================

New update 3.0.71 uploaded today (May 22 - 2019 )

The main feature is a new default connection (tetraHydro) up for anyone to try out the player vs player functionality.
To connect to it, go to Preferences -> Connections and if it is showing as online, click the Connect as Client button.

Other improvements to player list, and also resuming disconnected games with better jfmat to sgf even when the games are interrupted and resumed.
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

Re: New GreedyGammon update 3.0.78 (June 5-2019)

ok so we are up to 3.0.85
Have played a few player vs player games and there were no errors so we may be in the clear.
GreedyGammon has been around for a while and should have been robust by now but the latest change where the server was incorporated right into the player machine introduced some issues that are now as far as I can tell, cleared up. Cheers to all the players who are sticking with GreedyGammon and have not lost hope. I feel confident the product is now well worth the download and look forward to building up more players and maybe even a community where we can arrange tournaments.

A tournament interface wouldn't be that much trouble to implement. Just need players and interest to know it would be used. See you at the tables :D
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

Return to “Announcements”