admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

Version 3.0.102

This version fixes a problem with setting up the server to play with your friends.
So basically it didn't work and someone was kind enough to report it and now it should be fixed.
Still needs some work in setting up multiple connections. If I get some ip connections to test with I can work on that.
Can't do much without connections to test it on. I only have my own single IP connection.

So, player vs player mode still needs work. I am working on making it a bit more secure as it is too easy to cheat as some nice users have kindly demonstrated by making random positions appear on the board :D ok will make it a bit more challenging. And will work on making the disconnect resume feature more reliable.
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

Re: Version 3.0.102

So after further consideration, it is clear the server must verify what the client sends for player vs player games. It is far too optimistic to expect that everyone will play nice. This will take some structural changes which will take time, but has to be done. Hope to have it completed soon.
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

Return to “Announcements”