admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

GreedyGammon version 3.0.156 Oct-24, 2021

Hello GreedyGammoneers,

Update version 3.0.156 fixes a last move missing in the analysis bug. Also the analysis perspective will now show the same setup as the GreedyGammon board meaning you can see your errors with the same board perspective as when you made them. It may be confusing for a while if you have been analyzing with the opponent view but once it becomes familiar, it will make it easier to recognize the error as the analysis position shows the same board view as the playing interface.

Some users have reported that backgammon analysis program "XG" doesn't load GreedyGammon generated jfmat files because the "wins x point" line is missing.
GreedyGammon is designed to work with gnubg analysis. If gnubg can read the generated jfmat file, that is good enough for me, and 99% of greedygammon users. My take on XG is that it is a specialized tool for elite professional players who like to run overnight rollouts of entire matches they played in tournaments. For the average beginner, intermediate to advanced backgammon player just looking to catch big blunders, open source, free gnubg is excellent. I feel the backgammon community should do more to support and spread the word on gnubg. Those of us been around long enough to remember when bg analysis software was going for hundreds of $$ out of reach of most casual players of the game, we will always appreciate and cherish our beloved gnubg.

cheers everybody!

maareyes support@greedygammon.com
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

Re: GreedyGammon version 3.0.156 Oct-24, 2021

One minor annoyance with the new analysis gnubg player side switch is the checker colors are switched and gnubg doesn't have (as far as I know) a way to switch the checker colors so I have made a new gnubg board theme with the checker colors switched so I can see the analysis board with the same checker color that I am used to from the old version. Screenshot and download links below. Gnubg has a "import theme" feature you can use to import the theme (swapCheckers) or if you have another theme you like, the way I swapped the colors is by opening up 2 instances of gnubg and copy the color settings from one to the other.

import gnubg board theme http://greedygammon.com/positions/swapCheckers.zip
Download the zip file from the link above and extract the file swapCheckers to your desktop
Open gnubg and go to Settings>>Board Appearance>>Import Design and select the file swapcheckers from your desktop

DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

Return to “Announcements”