JChrist

use the cube

Hello ! how activate the cube in my preferences. Because a window said : "Cube has been disable in preferences. Tks!

admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

Re: use the cube

JChrist wrote:Hello ! how activate the cube in my preferences. Because a window said : "Cube has been disable in preferences. Tks!
Hi,

This seems to be an old setting that no longer has a way to change it from within the program.
It will have to be changed manually in the registry.

To make changes to the registry, follow these steps:
Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\GreedyG\Preferences
Find the key prfDisableCube and change it to False.

Hope that helps
greedyg support
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

JChrist

Merci pour la réponse, Mais lorsque je fait la manip, le changement en false ne veux pas rester. Merci

admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

JChrist wrote:Merci pour la réponse, Mais lorsque je fait la manip, le changement en false ne veux pas rester. Merci
Thanks for the answer, but when I do the manipulation, the false change does not want to stay. Thank you
Ok, so you can delete the whole GreedyG section of the registry and uninstall and re-install the program.
regedit.jpg
Make sure GreedyG and only GreedyG is highlighted and delete it.

You can install the latest program from viewforum.php?f=27

Hope that helps,

GreedyGammon support
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON

JChrist

Hi ! malgré la réinstallation toujours le même problème, impossible de me servir du cube. :?:

admin
Site Admin

JChrist wrote:Hi ! malgré la réinstallation toujours le même problème, impossible de me servir du cube. :?:
Ok, I compiled a file greedygammon.exe for you. It is removed all references to disable cube
Download it from here http://greedygammon.com/greedygammon.exe and you must put it into your program files/greedygammon folder manually.
You can save the old one by renaming it to something else like greedygammonOLD.exe
Now when you run GreedyGammon, it should show as version 2.0.0.9

If you still have problems, it could mean you have installed multiple instances of GreedyGammon and running the old version even though new version is installed.

Hope that helps,

msolomon GreedyGammon support
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON

JChrist

Hi , merci mais mon antivirus détecte une menace lors du téléchargement.

admin
Site Admin

JChrist wrote:Hi , merci mais mon antivirus détecte une menace lors du téléchargement.

that's because its an "exe" file and anti virus don't like those kind of files to download from "unknown" sources
It could be a virus. But since you know the origin of this file, you can download it and run it.
Tell your antivirus, you know what u are doing
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON

admin
Site Admin

well.. did it work?
Or you don't download it because your AV warn its a virus? :D
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON

admin
Site Admin

Here is an online virus scan report of the file http://greedygammon.com/greedygammon.exe
clean.jpg
(click the image for full size)

You can check it yourself and see it is clean.

No one else reports this cube issue, so I doubt it is a bug from the program. More likely a problem from the user side.

Also i can't compile the full installer version because the digital sign certificate has expired.
It costs $140 for 2 yrs and I can no longer afford to buy it. Some years I don't use it at all if there is no update.
So anyway maybe in future GreegyGammon will move away from old MS Windows download version of a game which is getting old fashion by now.
Many games now run from within the browser, no download required and the app will update itself.

cheers,

msolomon GreedyGammon support
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON

Return to “Questions Comments”