admin
Site Admin
Years playing backgammon: 20+ Learned to play on fibs.com playing bots and review with gnubg analysis FIBS rating 1750-1850

GreedyGammon version 3.1.139 feb 20 - 2023

feb 19-2023

GreedyGammon version update 3.1.139

- fixed incorrect username shown on player vs player resume dropped game

- fixed connection button greyed out

- multiple available server connections can now be views from preferences
So if you have friends running their own server, you can select which one to connect to
Thanks to marcurley for setting up a GreedyG server to connect to and test this feature

Added jf.mat replay feature (add the files you want to replay to jf_mat_saved folder in documents)

Fixed 17pt match bug that did not allow 17pt match to be played, it only played a single game and the match was over.

GreedyGammon version 3.1.135 August 26 2022

- work around for issue with occasional long timeout delay to login when attempting to read version.txt from greedygammon.com. New preference in connection tab "Disable Connection" if checked will not try to connect to any external resource. You must manually check for any version updates and uncheck if you want to play online

- GreedyGammon no longer enforces the "must move larger number if only one dice can be moved" Why? because I think its a stoopid rule and if i ever encounter such a position in the future (very rare) I want to pick which number to move. You can read the recent thread on reddit r/backgammon that triggered this change (title - Backgammon is a learning process every day) posted 8/21/2022)

- did some tidy up in the new "position editor" feature. It is mostly good for just making a position to post in a forum or such.
DOWNLOAD GREEDYGAMMON
No registration required!
Install and play backgammon against the computer!
Detailed how to installation guide with screenshots
Check out backgammonforums.com another nice bg forum

Return to “Announcements”